Stop Not Receiving
Deliberate Use of The Law of Attraction
There is plenty written about the ‘power of giving’ that the importance of ‘receiving’ is sometimes lost. Society tells us it is ‘good to give’ and receiving (or taking) on the other hand is selfish, with negative connotations associated to it. Unlike giving, receiving is much harder because this distorted belief acts as a powerful wave of energy disrupting your ability to be a graceful receiver.
‘Giving’ is Good! So is ’Receiving’
One is not better than the other nor can they exist without each other. Likewise with a beautiful tropical garden, the lush beauty exists because of both rain and sunshine. Both ‘giving and receiving’ are necessary components to having prosperity in your life. If you focus only on ‘giving’, how are you able to receive?
Without a Receiver, Giving is Meaningless
‘Giving and Receiving’ are tangled opposites linked together in the natural flow of life. Like inhaling or exhaling, you must do both.
Likewise, when a giver cannot ‘receive’, the life force cannot continue to flow freely and the entire cycle ceases to function. If you can't inhale, you will soon have nothing to exhale, and before long, your body stops living.
Without the ability to receive with grace, one cannot be prosperous.
Two Sides to Same Coin
Have you ever wondered why you are not able to ‘attract’ something you truly want in your life such as love, caring, support, prosperity or well-being? There is a very good chance your ability to ‘receive’ is blocked. You CANNOT be prosperous unless you are open to the abundance that WANTS to flow through you.
Stop Saying “No” to Receiving
If you decline a gift or refuse an offer for assistance, you are saying to the Universe, “Please don’t send anything more my way, because I have all that I need and want.” The universe then responds to your instruction, immediately stops the flow of abundance. So, if you are asking, “Why can’t anything good come my way??!!” Here’s a tip….
Clear resistance on your receiving pattern.
You can be both a generous giver and gracious receiver. Do you want to receive more money, greater health, a loving, mutually supportive relationship? Then, make it your business to implement the simple “Opening To Receive” Energy Clearing Practice below, using the Law of Attraction in a deliberate manner and marvel at the changes.
Open the Door to Hopes, Dreams and Goals
Putting the power of receiving into practice, you not only create greater balance in your life and relationships, you give yourself the key that unlocks the door to your hopes, goals and dreams.
Put ‘receiving’ back into the formula and restore the natural law of balance between giving and receiving. Whether you desire increased self-confidence, a relationship, job or financial stability, you can open the floodgate to receiving more of your heart’s desires. Break guilty patterns of feeling obliged to give and receive little in return.
A student recently shared with me that although she had been working as a successful healing practitioner for over a decade, she noticed her business had stalled. She began clearing off her ‘Receiving Gauge’ (see exercise below) and within a few days she scheduled five long-time clients who she had not seen in over three years. She was thrilled to increase her prosperity and lift what appeared as an invisible veil blocking others from connecting with her. Feeling better about herself and feeling immensely grateful, she continued receiving a steady flow of abundance.
Say YES to Receiving
Accept generosity and ditch the struggle blocking the flow of abundance in your life. The Universe gives you what you can receive.
Being reluctant or hesitant to freely receive affects your relationships with others and limits your openness to God's grace. Getting better at receiving then is an important step towards spiritual practice and awareness.
We must realize that we cannot give love unless we can receive love. In order to give of ourselves, we must nurture ourselves.” ~ John Gray
Tips for Getting Better at Receiving
1. Practice acknowledging your dependence on the service of others. Consider all the service providers who make it possible for us to ride in elevators, make phone calls, read at night in a lighted room and have supplies delivered. You are receiving!
2. At mealtime, consider all the people who helped bring everything to your table — the farmers, truckers, store managers, package makers, and even those who created the map that facilitated its movement from one place to your table. Consider giving gratitude to all that make this meal possible. You are receiving!
3. Make a habit of acknowledging one free gift you have received at the end of each day. Give gratitude. You are receiving!
4. Accept compliments and words of encouragement with grace. Resist downplaying or minimizing positive things people say about you. You are receiving!
5. Tune in and receive Divine Love that is ever present whether you are conscious of it or not. You are receiving!
Receiving Is Spiritual
Receiving is an act of generosity that demonstrates your wholeness and connection with others. Use the exercise below on a daily basis for 30 days (or as needed), deliberately using the Law of Attraction and begin experiencing a new level of ‘receiving’ in your life.
Opening to Receive Exercise
1. Imagine in your mind a gauge. For example… digital gauge, thermometer, or a digital reading on your computer, or it might be like a car speedometer.
2. Let this Receiving Gauge represent your energetic ability to ‘receive’ anything you need or desire.
3. What % is your Receiving Gauge showing for your capacity to receive in this moment?
4. Just notice and be neutral with whatever shows up. Anything less than 100% means there’s some energy blocking your flow of receiving.
5. Create a grounding cord on your gauge, to the center of the planet.
6. Allow any foreign energy on your Receiving Gauge to drain down the grounding cord.
7. Move the gauge to 100% releasing any unconscious energy that is blocking the natural flow of ‘receiving’.
8. Let yourself RECEIVE 100 % of everything you desire right now.
9. Dissolve the gauge.
10. Make this a daily practice for 30 days consecutively because you DESERVE It!