A Shift Is Occurring
Major Changes Are Underway Worldwide
This may sound like nothing more than a feel-good, hippie slogan and many people scoff at the notion that any kind of positive change is happening in our world. And while this might be the case for the moment, it is hard to ignore the fact that major changes are indeed underway all over the world, seemingly directing our attention to the idea that a “paradigm shift” of some kind is taking place.
What We Are Shifting From
To put it simply, we are shifting away from old, fear-based habits and imagining a whole new reality for ourselves. This is a new reality based on hope rather than despair. It is one of abundance rather than lack, with peace rather than war, filled with contentment rather than yearning and of connectedness rather than separation.
Era of Co-Creation
We are awakening to the fact that a new era is upon us, and that we have the ability to co-create the hopeful future we desire for ourselves and this planet.
How To Participate
Here are a few tips on how to participate in this shifting era:
1. Focus on what you do on a personal level will eventually be mirrored in an ever-broadening scale. You are the only thing you have any control over anyway, so focus your attention on being the change you wish to see in others. Before long, you will recognize the way that your exterior reality matches what’s going on inside you.
2. Quiet yourself. The optimum environment for healing to occur is an inner space of calm and quiet. Slow your breathing and, just for a minute or two, become aware of every breath going in and out of your body. If you’re hunching your shoulders up towards your neck, you’re not breathing deeply. Imagine a deflated balloon in your stomach, fill it with a slow, deep breath, and then let that breath flow out with a soft sigh. This act alone of conscious breathing will set the stage for healing in your body, mind and spirit.
3. Remind yourself who you are. You are a spiritual being having an earth experience. During energy clearing sessions, I refer to this as a “re-boot”. It’s similar to ‘rebooting a computer’ with its original and uncorrupted software. Listen to yourself say that you want to love and be loved, to give and be happy, to have purpose and be healthy. Listen to these amazing (and true) words pour out from your heart and make a promise to become more like this person.
4. “Reboot YOU” often. It’s so easy to fall out of your own good grace. And remember, it’s easy to trigger positive thoughts when everything is going well, but how often are things going well enough for you to consciously express gratitude and love? This alone should tell you that you can’t count on external events falling into place before you allow yourself to feel internal happiness. In fact, even though it seems counter-intuitive, let the UNDESIRABLE events in your life be the very things that trigger deep-breathing and a positive reboot. All of a sudden, you’ll be reminding yourself much more often of your higher principles and desires.
5. Stop watching the news. It’s not so much about being uninformed, but consider that fear does nothing to enhance your well-being. At first, this might seem like you’ll be burying your head in the sand, but in distancing yourself from the negative truths (a plane crashed today/an innocent person was murdered) you’ll see the larger truth that tens of thousands of planes flew safely today and billions of people did not murder each other.
6. Let people do kind things for you. We all know how good it feels to give… so why would you deny someone this feeling? The flow of gifting is constantly changing direction, intensity and form, so be happy to just be in that flow no matter where you are at the moment. Some would call this gift-exchange being in a state of grace, and that’s a great place to be.
7. Fill yourself with what you love, and you will find that there will be less room for what you dislike. We often focus much attention on what we don’t want in our lives, yet the law of attraction reminds us that whatever we think about most (either positive or negative) is what we are going to bring forth. Stay in a place of gratitude for the things and people you appreciate, and this sense will grow within you so that there will be very little room to harbor feelings of lack.
8. Drop the pretense and be “transparent”. As you choose to drop the façade you will often find that the people around you have sensed it is safe to drop THEIR defenses, and a whole new type of relationship built on trust and honesty will occur.
9. Do good things for others. Every day offers the opportunity to do a kind act for a loved one, a stranger, an animal, your community or your planet, but I guarantee you the opportunity will come. The trick is to recognize these opportunities and act on them the instant they occur. Most will only be fleeting moments or chance encounters, so be prepared.
10. Remember that you are an ambassador. When you interact with people, you represent what you believe with your words, thoughts and actions every day. If you do not want to be regarded as a ambassador of judgment, anger, false-pretense or worse, then stop behaving like such a person!
And, lastly, forgive and let go of the past. What’s past is past. Holding onto it you take it with you into the future. When you forgive and let go of painful memories, you are giving yourself a gift of healing.
Find out more about making The Shift and Waking Up in my book WAKE UP Shift Happens. http://www.amirahhall.com/eBooks/WAKE-UP-Shift-Happens.html